MALAYSIA OPEN DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018
MBDC Communications Berhad is pleased to present Malaysia Open Dance Championship 2018
Title : MALAYSIA OPEN DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018
Venue : One World Hotel, Bandar Utama City Centre, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Date : 18th November, 2018 (Sunday)
Day Events : 08.30hrs – 16.30hrs Evening Finals : 18.00hrs – 23.00hrs
Sanctioned By : Malaysia Ballroom Dance Council (MBDC)
Subscribed To : Freedom To Dance
- The Championship Organizer reserves the right not to accept any entries from any applying competitors whose
status are unclear according to the organizer’s rules and conditions.
- Substitution of partners is strictly prohibited in the same event.
- All competitors must be dressed in appropriate costumes as specified in the Competition Dress Regulation Code.
- All competitors must attend rehearsals and must be present for registered events on time, late comers will not be
entertained and immediately disqualified.
- Children must have Parents’ or Guardians’ consent and supervision to be eligible to participate in the Championship.
- The adjudicators’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the programme of events without prior notice if it deems necessary.
- The Organizer will not accept any liabilities, claims for injuries, damages or losses suffered by the competitors
during and after the Championship.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel events with less than Three (3) competing couples without prior notice.
- The Organizer will not entertain any claims of any nature whatsoever in respect of financial benefits through publicity
and or broadcasting rights of the Championship or otherwise and all items pertaining to the Championship are the
sole property rights of MBDC Communications Berhad.
- All persons attending the Championship, whether as guests, spectators, competitors or officials of the Organizer,
shall be bound by the rules and by participating automatically agrees to abide by them. No exceptions shall be made.
- Video recording in any form is not allowed. Competitors or guests who wishes to record the competition with any
form of recording devices, including mobile phones, must purchase an official sticker from the Organizer. The
purchase of official sticker for video recordings are only for the ongoing competition events and no recording
is allowed for the Performance Shows by Mirko Gozzoli and Edita Daniute and Stefano Di Filippo and Dasha
- Professional Asia Closed and Amateur Asia Closed are strictly for Asia countries only
- Date of birth must be stated in the entry form and proof of age may be required by Organizer.
- In the event of any question or dispute arising out any point not expressively stated in the rules, the Organizer
reserves the right to use its own discretion to resolve the matter.
- Entry fees submitted and confirmed by the Organizer cannot be refunded and not allowed to change for other events.
- Confirmed hotel bookings through Organizer, will be charged accordingly in the event of cancellations or no-show.
- AGE LIMITS:
- Junior & Juvenile: Age limits are taken during the calendar year 2017.
- Senior Over 40: Male dancers must be 40 or above and Female dancers must be 30 or above.
- Senior Over 50: Male dancers must be 50 or above and Female dancers must be 40 or above.
RULES FOR BEGINNERS EVENTS:
- Competitors in the Beginners Categories must dance to the restricted Syllabus up to Gold Level and those found dancing out of syllabus will be disqualified without given prior notice.
- Competitors participating in Open Category are not eligible for Beginners Category.
Dress Code for Beginners: Standard & Latin
Men in white long sleeve shirt and black pants with tie or bow tie.
Ladies dresses are one piece color dress and without sequins or glittering materials.
|PRIZE MONIES – Total USD40,000|
|Event (Standard & Latin)||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th, 5th & 6th|
|Amateur Asia Closed||USD1000/-||USD700/-||USD500/-||USD300/-|
|MBDC Malaysia Amateur Closed||RM1000/-||RM700/-||RM500/-||RM300/-|
Day Entry by tickets only – Per ticket – RM100/-
Evening Dinner ticket price: RM1000/- RM800/- RM600/- RM500/- RM380/- per ticket
Video & Camera Pass (Day & evening) – Per unit – RM100/-
All entries should be submitted with payment or else they will not be entertained.Entry Fees are payable in cash, cheque or bank draft to be made payable to “MBDC Communications Berhad”. Details for the bank draft transaction:
Banker Name: Maybank (Bukit Damansara Branch)
Account Name: MBDC Communications Berhad Account No: 5143-2960-8163
Swift Code: (Swift Code MBBEMYKL) Branch Code: Bukit Damansara Branch
All 1st to 3rd placing couples of each event will be awarded with trophies/medals and all finalists will be
awarded with certificates.
A panel of qualified, experienced and International Adjudicators will be judging in the competition.
Free 2 night’s accommodation on 17th Nov and 18th Nov 2018, Only for Overseas competitors who compete in the Professional Open & Professional Asia Closed or Amateur Open & Amateur Asia Closed events. To be entitled to free 2 night’s accommodation at official hotel, overseas competitors competing in Professional Open, Professional Asia Closed, Amateur Open, Amateur Asia Closed events must pay in advance the entry fees together with the submission of the entry forms. Entries submitted without payment on the stipulated closing date 20/10/2018, will not be provided with accommodation. No reimbursement of accommodation charges if you choose not to stay at the official hotel. Hotel Royale Chulan Damansara, (2A, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel No: +603-7959 9000) There will be no airport transfer provide for competitors, please make your arrangement direct to hotel.